Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Sad, Dark, Night

It's not all cookies and caroling over here we experienced a little mishap the other night. I was was sitting quietly at the computer the kids were all tucked in with visions of sugarplams dancing in the head, when thud. I can laugh now but at the time it was very upsetting because at that moment the last thing I wanted to do was redecorate the tree. So Nate seeing my tears promptly put the tree back up and went about decorating.
Only a couple ornaments broke. I did eventually help once I realized it wasn't the end of the world. The Tree does look a little rough, but oh well! And NO Nate wouldn't get out of the way for me to take a picture, but honestly I didn't mind, I quite enjoy his backside. Its always been a favorite of mine. Sorry too much information!


3 comments:

Wendy B said...

At least the power wasn't out - then it would have been really dark, or if the tree had fallen through the front window - very sad, dark and cold.
My kids don't understand how a tree falls over -see how intrenched the fake tree thing has become. Thanks for the pictures Nate... I can't believe you had the presence a mind to even take pictures. Happy Friday! love Wendy and company

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing Kelly. I'm sorry you had that holiday trauma. :(

Kelsie said...

oh dear, we had that happen twice in one year. sad to say we lost most of our ornaments that year.
proud of ol nate for pickin it up and redecorating it. good man.
i loved seeing the twins helping in the kitchen :) bet thats fun !? how are you? are you proud i finally made my way onto your blog?!
i wanted to wish you a merry christmas. we didnt get cards out this year. :(
but we are still thinking of all of our oregonian friends!
love and miss you.
s.