Tuesday, September 8, 2009

As promised...A New Post..The First day of School

Aubrey and Sydney are all alone now, no big brother or sister to play with them, take them potty or outside to play.Don't worry they'll be just fine, me on the other hand will miss them. My big kids are my buddies and my helpers and I was bummed this morning when I took them to school.
Kelsey was ready...she had her outfit all picked out weeks ago. We packed and repacked her bag to ensure we had all the necessary supplies. She had a rough night last night but she was excited and will do great. My 5th grader..sniff, sniff.
Noah was casual about the first day like he is about most things. He was concerned about seeing his friends that weren't in his class and was a little hesistant about me leaving but he'll be fine! Look at those cheeks I still wanna squeeze them.
Nathan trimed Kelsey's hair for her last night and she gets subway for lunch(she earned it doing her summer chores). I can't imagine what I'd do if the twins were in preschool the house is so quiet.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Glad everything went well this morning! Is it quiet!?!

Wendy B said...

Love the pictures. Big kids do look a bit sleepy and what's with the jackets? Skinny Matt is the only one around my house that has started taking one to school yet. Love Noah's shirt - Chris wore a Mario one first day too. Katie wore an old Navy t-shirt that said "Old Navy". She told me yesterday that her friends say she dresses to young and cute... Did I say friends. So this morning I taught her the principle of Mormons as a peculiar people - we don't fit in and as she gets older she will just fit in less - but that's a good thing.
Not sure I can handle this tween thing. Thanks again for the blog. The twins are adorable!!! love ya!

Mandy said...

I hope everyone had a great first day of school! My kids did, Sydney was a little nervous, but said "It was Awesomw" when she got home. Isaac had tears in his eyes when I had to leave him at first grade, 32 kids in his 1/2 split class, I worried about him all day; but when he got home he also said it was a great day! Olivia had her first day of preschool and LOVED it, I am glad I put her in, even though I miss her when she's gone....even though it's only 2 1/2 hours twice a week. I miss all of them while they're at school, the older two don't get home until 4pm, it's a long day! I think I will enjoy having a few hours a week to work on projects or run errands, but I am happy to see my kids when thety get home:))))

Mandy said...

woops, a few spelling errors! Sorry.