Friday, March 20, 2009

Defiance

The girls continue to switch up tempermence and moods just to keep me guessing. Currently it's Sydney's turn to be difficult about getting her diaper and clothes changed. Now when I say difficult I mean impossible. It can literally take me up to a half hour of kicking, scream, fighting and tears and thats just me.
Now before you say she wants to be potty trained. Let me remind you that she also refuses to sit on the potty. I try to reason with her, bribe her, and yes even sit on her to keep her still. Please don't report me. I dread diaper changes so she'll typicall sit in her wet one longer than necessary and if its dirty well thats a whole other nightmare, trying to clean a dirty bum that won't stay still. Sorry TMI.
Whenever we have to go anywhere and I have to get her dressed its a major episode. The other night she kept unzipping her PJ's then taking off her diaper. She's also been wearing the same old Thomas the Train Pajama Shirt of Noahs for days because she insists and when a 2 year insists its better for everyone if you just DO IT!
So Aubrey went through something similar but not close to this magnitude I'm REALLY hoping its a brief phase, because it's wearing me OUT!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Lovely, lovely child. How fun is that!?

Selena said...

I guess we can only hope that she's like Emily Watt's daughter, who while defiant and strongwilled at 2 held on to her standards at 16!! =)

Wendy B said...

We are missing your regular blogging - thanks for updating. Although we enjoyed the pictures of your friends - we love pictures of the quickly growing terrible two year olds best. Just thought I would throw in a request. It seems you have gotten a bit out of rythm since you were sick. Just so you know - we notice. Love ya!