Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feeling Frustrated

Yes, they are adorable but we have issues. I need to vent a little so bear with me....
#1 They don't want to sit down and eat meals so they snack all day, helping themselves to the pantry usually with the aid of a chair to get their hands on whatever they can. Thus not being hungry at meals and not sitting, then snacking...see what I mean.
#2 They don't wanna nap. So they are crabby from about 4:00 on. When I try to put them to bed at night Sydney's exhusted but she can't go to sleep because Aubrey refuses to go to bed. Last night in a futile attempt at tough love she cried for a half an hour before I went in. Only 3 ba-ba's and 5 binkies would settle her down.

#3 While I must admit they've been playing together very well recently the messes are insane. They literally go from room to room, from shelf to shelf, from cupboard to cupboard (you get the idea) empting everything out and playing with it for 2 to 3 minutes at a time. Yes, I do try to regulate this but its hard. So floors are covered and I feel like I spend the day following them around and cleaning after them just so I can keep up.

#3 Did I mention they show no signs of potty training.
#4 They are also super attached to their binkies.
#5 Oh Yeah they come in bed every night and sleep with us.
#6 There new thing is to freak out in public places or not so public and become freakishly attrached and Hyterical whichever the case may be.
Ok I think thats enough for now. So next time I may seem grumpy, tired, or are complaining about a headache its because I'm just plain frustrated.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Kelly, I don't know how you do it. I've been a witness to their sudden fear of anything public..well, mostly Sydney, but dang I would go nuts! Doesn't this comment help you feel so much better!?! LOL! I think I better go call you.

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry, I wish there was some advice I could give you;but I've never had twins. I can't imagine having two Olivia's at the same time all the time. All I can say is you are doing a wonderful job and keep truckin'!:)

Selena said...

Ah...two year olds. Kel, I think you do an amazing job at being a patient and loving mom--even if you don't feel that way. I can't even begin to know what I'd do myself with two handfuls! This too shall pass...eventually. And just be grateful you have a king sized bed! =)

cheeri said...

Mom said--- I did not tell you people were starving in Ethopia! I finally caught up on your blog and saved it to favorites. I love the picture of Noah. HE IS GOING TO BE HANDSOME. Maybe you should try big girl pants and regular trips to the potty. I know a lot of work. I also hated the toy messes, but have no solutions. Have a good day.

Yes cereal casserole is a little strange (the name only).

Love, Momn

Love, Mom