Nate took the big kids camping this last weekend. I still wasn't feeling quite like myself so I opted to stay home with the girls. They ended up finding a great place at Clear Lake. Noah has become the expert Marshmellow roaster. He even made smores for the single nice guy next to them who was trying to get over his divorce by chopping tons pf wood and giving it out to fellow campers.
Thats the Lake in the background, they got this beautiful spot and had a great time hiking and fishing.
What? Thats me? At the Lake? Thats right I got up Saturday morning intending on spending a couple hours with the fam and ended up staying until dark. It was so peaceful and so beautiful and we had so much fun together I couldn't drag myself away. Sorry BFF for missing the baptism and sorry YW pres for missing the auction (:
The girls were so excited to run around the campground, watch the geese in the water and play in the tent. It'd been way too long since the whole fam spent the day together. I just noticed in the angle of that picture above my arm looks so huge!
There's the crew, the girls are getting so big. I think camping with them might be easier this year. ? Sunday the kids saw a bullhead snake, Nate said he'd never seen them so excited. They came home with pink cheeks, smelling like campfire, and wiped out. I talked Nate into coming home Sunday afternoon, although I know he wanted to stay.
4 comments:
That looks like a good camping spot and what a perfect weekend to camp...weather wise at least. I'm glad you decided to go spend the day with them. I hope you are feeling back to normal (whateveer that is). Have a great day!
I LOVE Clear Lake! We camped there A LOT when I was a kid! Then we moved on to Timothy where the fishing was better. LOL. (It's also where WE went this weekend..!) Awesome pics Kelly. LOVE 'EM! :D
BTW...when are you dropping your kids off for the day? Hint, hint. :P
Hi Kel,
I just got caught up. Your pictures are so great. the one of the four kids at the lake sitting on a rock is worth enlarging. Your descriptions of sick week and Pioneer Days is great. I didn't know you had tossed the binkies. Did you eat Noah's Talk to you tomorrow.
Love, Momn
Hi Kel,
I just got caught up. Your pictures are so great. the one of the four kids at the lake sitting on a rock is worth enlarging. Your descriptions of sick week and Pioneer Days is great. I didn't know you had tossed the binkies. Did you eat Noah's Talk to you tomorrow.
Love, Momn
Post a Comment